Monday, August 30, 2010

Röyksopp - Senior - 2010


"Trying something new... I will listen to a new album for the 1st time and journal my thoughts track by track.

Track 1/9: No dancey Euro bullshit as of yet. Nice intro to the album.
Track 2/9: Sounds like an Air song. Minimal. Soaring. Mellow groove.
Track 3/9: “The Drug” Started off slow then progressed into a jumpy synth laced spasm. Kind of Four Tet-ish.
Track 4/9: “Tricky Two” aww man sounds like a revisiting of that annoying counting song (6 afraid of 7 cuz 7 8 9) with the broad from fever ray off the last album :( But with out the shitty singing so its an improvement! Pretty standard Royky beats. Got really fast! Slow it down duuuders! Damn 8 min track.
Track 5/9: “The Fear” This is a good track! Im feeling this shit! Dramatic. Very reminiscent of the stuff I liked from their previous LPs
Track 6/9: “The Alcoholic” Dope! The beat sounds wasted! Super woozy and stumbling like me on a Thursday night! Good track! Or maybe Im biased due to my love of drinking?!
Track 7/9: Ambient sounding. Not to much happening so far. Seems like filler. I always kind of feel tracks like this are a waste of time... Never really DO anything and I would never want to hear it again.
Track 8/9: “Forsaken Cowboy” Definitely sounds like a electronic western score... Like these fools just rode into town on digital horseback. Kind of Air-ish again. Pleasing rhythm. Good chill-out/background music
Track 9/9: ”Coming Home” Im not sure what to say... This is fine. Im not mad. Its kind of generic. Sounds like it could be samples from The Princess Bride!

Shitballs! I might have to say this is my favorite Royksopp release thus far from these Norwegian beat mongers! No gay shit at ALL & no vocals to my pleasant surprise! Just some solid tracks and an overall enjoyable listen.

PS -- I listen to albums shuffled on my iPod so the #s do not coincide with the track #s) "

y'all mothafucka's will enjoy

This is gonna get royky

source: http://earpussyhm.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Yo thanks for the love & visiting EPHM! Like what you guys are doing here. But... it would be cool/normal/decent if you gave credit to EPHM if you take direct quotes or entire posts from my site or anyone else's for that matter.

    Keep up the good fight & finding new gems for hungry earpussies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sir,

    While I did not make the above post, and I can't say I really give a shit about your site myself, I would like to apologize on behalf of my fellow blogger for copying your review. I will beat him extra hard tonight for this. To assuage your anger and hopefully resolve the situation I have included a link to your site in the post.

    Thanks and good luck dodging those fucking DMCA whores! FUCKING WHORES!

    -Alex

    PS - I am sorry for what I said about not giving a shit about your site actually I like it very much.

    ReplyDelete